Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Viva La Revolucion!


I liked the first movie... but I felt it was a little disappointing.  I read the first book and the movie just didn't hold up as well.  It was missing just a few key elements that could've made it gone from good to great.  So, I decided not to read the other two books in favor of enjoying the films.  This is some backwards-ass thinking, but whatever, I like movies.

So, this second installment of the Hunger Games franchise was exceptional.  I thought it was fantastic and much more matured than it's predecessor.  The acting was better, the CGI was better, the story was better, and it actually didn't suffer too much from "middle-movie-syndrome".  Other than its ambiguous ending, this film could stand alone.  The actors have really made it their own, the direction has stepped up the game, and I'm extremely excited for the third film.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment