Thursday, December 26, 2013

Last Vegas: The Hangover XXXVIII


I know.  I know.  There's no reason for this review to even be on here.  It looked terrible from the trailers and I shouldn't have seen it.  But, I'm sorry, I have a fondness for every actor in here, in particular Kevin Kline.  I've been waiting for the dude to do another comedy for a long while and if this is the one he chose, then he gets my "I wonder" money.  And the result is... better than you'd expect.

From the trailer, it looked as though the writers went for the easy jokes, the old people humor and didn't channel any of what made The Hangover such an success.  And to an extent, this is true.  But, it also has a lot more funny in it than I expected.  Kline and especially Morgan Freeman will make it hard to keep that scowl on your face.  It's not a great movie by any stretch, and it's not a movie I will probably ever see again, but it was a fun time and I actually enjoyed myself.

B-

No comments:

Post a Comment