Thursday, December 26, 2013

Homefront: Statham In The South Still Beats Bitches Like Statham... Anywhere


I love Jason Statham movies.  They're never going to win any awards.  The acting is not particularly stellar.  The story is not particularly great.  But watching a badass like Jason Statham beat people to death with his bare hands is something of a guilty pleasure of mine.  And when I saw that there were actual decent actors in his latest feat, Homefront, well then I knew I had to get over and see it.

The result is better than your typical Statham vehicle.  There's less violence in favor of story, but the story actually holds your interest.  It's fun to see Statham battle deep south rednecks and square off against James Franco's Gator character.  I did wholeheartedly enjoy this film, even though I probably shouldn't have.  Had it been another actor, I'm not sure I would've given it a chance, but seeing as how it was Statham, I may be a little bit on the biased side.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment