Saturday, August 2, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Most Surprising Movie Of The Year


Note: I have like five minutes to write this and will not be near a computer for the next five days so this is a very crunch-time, quick review, but I feel that's all this movie needs. When I return, I should be able to expand upon the review.  Maybe.  If I feel like it.  Fuck it, it's my blog.

So... Guardians of the Galaxy.  Another entry into the Marvel universe.  I've seen countless trailers for the film and none of it interested me.  I like almost everyone in the cast, but it just didn't look like anything that I would enjoy.  Plus, as I've said a lot this year, I'm SICK of superhero movies.  They're coming out every other week it seems and I'm just over all of it.  But, again, I'm looking at rottentomatoes and it's telling me high ninety percent in the positives, so naturally, I have to set aside my proclivities and see it.  I'm really glad that I did.

Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a superhero movie.  Actually, the way it presents itself is almost anti-superhero.  The writing is genius and the acting is phenomenal.  The movie is phenomenal.  It's actually the funniest movie of the year.  When you're not mesmerized by the effects, the sets, the colors, and the plot, you're laughing your ass off.  I genuinely feel that this is the BEST Marvel movie ever made.  I'm a huge fan of Iron Man 3 and Captain America was really good, but this one kills them all and even shows The Avengers up.  I will see this movie many, many more times before I die.  Minus anything Christopher Nolan has ever done, this is my favorite comic book movie.

See it.  See it right now.  Stop reading and see it.  There's no reason for me to keep writing because you should be headed out to see it.  Now.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment